Chamber Award Nominations
Your Ad Here
Contact Our Office For More Details
Nominate the winners for 2020
It is time to recognize Oregon City Chamber members who have been of outstanding value to our community and to the Chamber.
Please select one of the options below to nominate someone for an award.
Business of the year nomination
Community Impact Award
Nominees are those organizations who have demonstrated a significant commitment to working within the community and the Chamber to address and solve needs in Oregon City. Although years of service to the people of Oregon City may influence who receives the award, there is no minimum number of years of service. More important is the impact of this service to the community and the ability to leverage additional resources. Please use two or more of the following criteria to demonstrate the impact on our community.
- Can you give an example of this company volunteering on various community projects throughout Oregon City
- Can you give an example of this company donating financial contributions to those in need in Oregon City
- Can you give an example of this company contributing to educational programs and/or services offered in Oregon City
Business Leader of the Year Award
The business leader of the year is an individual who is an active member of the Oregon City Chamber of Commerce who has been engaged in activities that have had a meaningful impact on our community today, but who also mentors and fosters future leaders who will help shape the future of Oregon City. This individual is one who builds relationships and is an innovative problem solver and is not afraid to address major concerns and problems facing the Oregon City Community. He or she is a major contributor to the vitality of Oregon City.
- How is this individual impacting the Oregon City Community today?
- How is this individual impacting the future of the Oregon City Community?
- Can you give an example contributed to the vitality of Oregon City?
- How has he/she encouraged and help develop positive relations within the Oregon City Community?
New Member of the Year Award
This award is open to any business or nonprofit who joined the Oregon City Chamber of Commerce during 2019, who is an active member and who has demonstrated a desire to better themselves by utilizing the benefits and opportunities available through the Chamber and its members. Nominees should be recognized as a contributor to the progress and activities of the Oregon City Chamber as well as showing a commitment to the Oregon City Community. The recipient should be respected as a person/business who will make a positive difference.
The following should be considered in selecting your nominee:
- Is the individual/business an active member of the Chamber?
- Give an example of how this member utilized the benefits & opportunities of the Chamber?
- Give an example of how this member contributed to Chamber activities in 2019?
- Give an example of how this member contributed to the Oregon City Community?
- How do you believe this individual/business/organization will be a positive influence for the future?
Mike McCarroll Memorial Award Nomination
Given annually to one individual in memory of Mike McCarroll who owned and operated Minuteman Press in Oregon City from 2009-2013.
About Mike: Upon membership in the Oregon City Chamber, Mike quickly chose to become active. Mike began service on the Chamber’s Board of Directors in 2011 and served as Chair of the Board in 2012. Mike took an active role in seeing that the Oregon City Chamber matured during his leadership and worked closely with the City of Oregon City for economic development opportunities. Throughout his short years in Oregon City he was also committed to the Oregon City Lions, Rotary Club of Oregon City, Fill a Stocking Fill a Heart and Angels in the Outfield. Beyond these Oregon City commitments he was an active member of his church in Beaverton and continued to volunteer for the school where his son attended. Mike, as an individual and business person, was generous beyond the norm and had a heart that epitomized "service above self". Mike was a friend to all. Mike unexpectedly passed away in January 2013.
In recognition of Mike, several Chamber members met to create a way to honor his life, impact on their lives and the Oregon City community. They found the words, Integrity, Service, Friendship, Leadership, Empathy, Loyalty, Generosity best spoke of Mike’s character.
Previous recipients are: Blane Meier, Patti Serres, Ray Stobie, Dick Orr, Pam Bloom, & Dave Buel
Please nominate the business person you feel best exemplifies the 7 character traits mentioned above. Submit your nomination today. Nominations due: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2020